First, Happy 2016! I hope 2015 was as good and productive as ever for you. And here’s to an amazing and lucky 2016!
Speaking of luck. I’m lucky to have the passion to tell stories and the desire to teach others a few things that I’ve learned from the process. Like many authors, I learn something new with every book I write. Since 2005, my passions for writing grew stronger each year with the completion of story after story. And at the end of the day, that’s what it comes down to, the stories. Wouldn’t you agree?
Upon finishing every story, I get so excited as I can’t wait to announce the completion of a beloved project and share with you the fruits of my labor.
Well that time has come again. And this time I’m especially excited about this story!
So, without further ado, allow me to announce:
The latest Refuge Inc. tale, Darkness Eternal, is finally complete and the book will officially be released on March 1st 2016!
So why am I so excited about this book?
Plenty of reasons.
- It took forever to write and completion feels oh so good
- It’s the most anticipated Refuge Inc. installment from fans of the series and I can’t wait to fulfill the itch
- It’s 50k words and twenty-three chapters of action, suspense, twists, turns, and male-male adventure
- It’s completely new for the series, set a century in the future after an asteroid impact in a nearly indestructible underground sphere surrounded by toxic air
- It’s the best written story and the best storytelling I’ve told to date, in my humble opinion 😉
- It’s complex, not complicated, but multifaceted in its details, settings, and characterization
- Its themes of leadership and responsibility are timely
- It’s a standalone in a five book series and features an uncommon protagonist and a rare antagonist
What’s Darkness Eternal About?
A century after an asteroid impact and merely fifteen years after a second collision that turned the world into a noxious wasteland, Cadet Connor Nichols and other Refuge facility residents are making the most of their spherical underground utopia they call home.
But when a breach threatens to poison the occupants with ambient toxic air, Connor is forced to make life-altering decisions in an attempt to save lives and his only home. With help from best friend and training partner, Vince Moore, he’s reminded that good leadership requires responsibility.
His struggle is intensified as everything he knew about the facility, the leaders, and himself becomes twisted, distorted, and turned into the unimaginable when his effort exposes shocking secrets that threatens their future.
So what happens between now and March 1st?
- Beginning next week and every week until the release day, I’ll feature a special series of posts highlighting particular writing techniques I learned while writing Darkness Eternal over the last year and a half.
- Also, I’ll host a special giveaway. I’ll be giving away printed swag, collectables, and one-of-a-kind Refuge Inc. goodies to some lucky fans!
I hope you’ll join me for the fun. Happy reading!
[Image credit: xioubin low]