Last week I posted a list of 13 Unprofessional Types of People in the Writing Biz. It seems fit to mention the great things that people do in the writing business as well. So here they are the 13 most appreciated gestures a person could do in the writing business. If you’re lucky, you might have done these kind gestures. You’re even luckier if you were on the receiving end.
Proper Email Etiquette:
- Notifying recipients that you received their email and will respond soon.
- Notifying email groups or recipients that you’ve been hacked and to not open strange links.
- Keep a reference of the previous conversation by replying to the email
- Alter the subject line of an email when replying
Social Media Engagement:
- Following, commenting, discussing, liking
Sharing and Giving:
- Blogging/Article Writing/Sharing your Expertise
- Critiquing/Beta Reading/Proofreading
- Rating & Reviewing
- Rejection Letters with Feedback /Revise and Resubmits
- Notifying of website/e-books errors/ways to improve
- Truly appreciating what another has done to help you in your goals